A professional photographer needs something more when it comes to clicking pictures. With technology advancing, photographers nowadays are equipped with the latest devices to make their pictures look authentic. One such technology is the drone camera and while we speak of it, one of the popular names which come to our mind is the Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter. It is a first-class drone with an inbuilt HD camera, belonging to the Typhoon series of quadcopters. Since it is relatively new to the market, we bring together in this article a detailed review about the product, its features, advantages, and disadvantages, so that you are aware of all of its functions before you buy it.
Features of Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter Drone
Let’s take a look at some of the functions of the Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter drone.
The headless mode of the Yuneec Typhoon G makes it an excellent drone for flying. The drone comes without an optical head and that is why it can fly easily. Turning the headless mode on is quite easy; make sure the drone is pointing away from you. There is a button on the left shoulder of the transmitter which you have to hold for a few seconds. The headless mode is finally turned on after you hear four beeps. Now you have total control of the drone and will move only in the direction you want it to with 25 minutes of additional flight time till the battery lasts.
The USP of the Yuneec Typhoon G is its camera. The “G” actually stands for the GoPro mode. The quadcopter has an integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera with a resolution of 12 megapixels and a personal ground station. The video quality is excellent with 1080 pixel and 120 fps when any slow motioned video is captured. You can control the brightness, video resolution, and white balance while shooting a video with its built-in touchscreen mode. The ultra-high definition video has a resolution of 4k/30fps. The Handheld SteadyGrip helps you to have total control over capturing videos.
The Yuneec Typhoon G enables you to have full control of the drone. The standalone remote control helps you to keep a track on the altitude and the direction of the quadcopter. It can fly up to 400 feet from the ground. The transmitter doesn’t let you go out of your control and notifies you in the case of a No Fly Zone. The in-built GPS tracker establishes a circle of a diameter of 8 ft before the final take off. The Geo-Fence mode keeps the aircraft within a distance of 300 ft from the pilot. The transmitter helps you to switch between the high and low speed with ease.
One of the interesting aspects of this drone is that it has a Watch me and Follow Me mode. You need to set up the typhoon appropriately after which you can click some amazing footage of what you are doing absolutely live. You can switch the GoPro to your private flying camera to click some amazing selfie videos. The Typhoon delivers the digital video directly to your ST10+ Ground Station Screen so that you can see what exactly you are capturing.
Yuneec Typhoon G Specs – At A Glance
- The dimension of the product is 20×16.5×8.3 inches and weigh up to 2.5lb.
- The pack includes 1 Lithium Polymer Batteries.
- The plastic body of the drone is complete with gunmetal gray and black.
- While you are recording videos, you will find a telemetry data being displayed alongside. It lets you know what the camera is actually recording.
- GPS tracking device works really well.
- Can fly for 25 minutes nonstop which is quite high in compared to the other drone.
- Charging time is approx. 1 hour 45 minutes with the help of a stock charger
- The gimbal camera is its USP and makes the drone stand out from the rest.
- It is water and weatherproof.
- This is not WiFi or Bluetooth enabled, unlike the modern drones. So you have to put hard labor from transferring the data.
- The photo and movie button on the camera often fails to sync with the GoPro. So, you need to press the record button on the camera for video recording before taking off. You often have to dismount the gimbal as it blocks the slot of the memory card.
FAQ’S of Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter
- Is the mount on the gimbal is specific for go pro or can you use it with other action cameras?
This unit is specifically designed to work with the GoPro Hero 3, 3+ or 4
- Is there any live video feed on the controller screen even with a GoPro?
Yes, but you cannot start recording or capture photos with the buttons on the transmitter.
- Is there any remote include?
Yes. You’ll have everything you need to fly except a GoPro camera.
- Does the drone come with a protection package and/or warranty?
Yes. The Typhoon G comes with a warranty direct from Yuneec. They are very easy to contact and work with. You can review the warranty on their website.
If you are a beginner in the world of drone photography, then this is an ideal product for you. With simple designs and features, you can practice taking pictures as many as you can. Although depending on the sturdiness or the capability to click aerial photography, there are certain drawbacks which Yuneec Typhoon G should rectify soon. But if you are willing to buy something cheaper from a reputed brand, then this brand is the perfect for you.