For your kind information, drone racing has exponentially grown nowadays over the past years. More and more people are now turning into the world of professional drone races. That’s why the best FPV goggles are very expected additional equipment for the drone racers. But regardless how much interested you are in your FPV drones or other mini-quads, there is one thing that goes hand-to-hand always; First Person View Goggles. In the whole article, we will talk about why you need FPV Goggles and the top 5 best FPV Goggles reviews in 2016 out the market.
Since the RC hobbyists are flying their drones, especially quad-copters, FPV goggles have been around to add an extra dimension. Gradually, various types of FPV Goggles have become the current craze to all drone pilots.
The quadcopter and drone manufacturers are producing high-quality FPV Goggles besides their camera drones to compliment them. Today we are going to present here a guide for drone lovers about the top 5 best FPV goggles in the current market. Hope it will serve you well to choose the right one. Now experience how the divine aerial view looks like while flying from an aircraft sitting on the ground.
At present, FPV Goggles have become very popular with the multi-rotor pilots as it won’t let you miss anything when you’re into an FPV flying. FPV or First Person View is how a quad pilot can see from the ground what their drone sees from the sky. Two little screens of the goggles project the aerial images or videos from the camera on the aircraft. When the high-resolution Large HD LCD quality screen is reflected in your eyes, you’ll feel like you are sitting in an aircraft. That is why it is called the First Person View (FPV) Goggles.
As drones and goggles are complementary to each other without a doubt, the combo will allow you to be amazed at an extreme level.
Top 5 FPV Goggles Review 2018
Based on our research and customer reviews here we are listing for you the latest Top 5 FPV Goggles with a brief discussion. Each of them contains some important features, pros, and cons of your assistance that hopefully will guide you properly. Now, have a look below:
#1. Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles
The Fatshark Dominator V3 is the latest FPV goggle from the number one brand Fat Shark in their Dominator series. These FPV video goggles allow the video downlink on your RC aircraft from the wireless transmitter.
Featuring a modular design this Dominator V3 allows additional modules and other accessories to add an expandable functionality. Receiver modules are available in three options: 1.3GHz, 2.4GHz, or 5.8GHz that are sold separately. A 3-pole balance lead comes in the battery pack for charging off RC type chargers. The headset also includes AV cable, DC power cable and carrying case.
You can control your aircraft, tilt, and roll the aircraft mounted FPV camera by the head tracker using the headset motion. Built-in DVR and optional modular components of The FatShark Dominator V3 FPV goggles give you a truly immersive flying experience.
- Includes 1800 mAh battery along with LED indicator
- Includes HDMI cable & 3m AV Cable with mini to standard and mini to micro adapters
- Includes Zipper carries case
- Includes charge cable adapter
- Includes DC DIY cable
- Comfortable to wear
- Easy to use
- High video quality
- Gives an excellent service
- Awesome flying visual experience from the ground
- Receiver modules are sold separately
- Aircraft-mounted FPV camera doesn’t come with it, need to buy separately
#2. SupaQuad’s Walkera Goggles 4
You can choose Walkera Goggles 4, brought by SupaQuad, as the best FPV goggles for racing with your new radio-controlled drone. Walkera has created new Walkera Goggle 4 at more affordable price than their previous Goggle 3 version released in November. The goggle is featured with 40-channels and 5.4 G Double Antennas to support the real-time HD transmission of the image. So, don’t worry about the signal reception.
SupaQuad’s Walkera Goggle 4 won’t let you miss any details while watching videos or racing with the 5″ large-HD-screen of it. The 2s 1200 mAh battery on a single full charge lets you enjoy plenty of flying time for about 2 hours! It’s humanized design concept ensures comfort to wear. It is simple, easy to carry and adjust.
Have a continuous fun and enjoy watching a movie or making personal cinema with AV Input/Output system. Walkera 4 Goggle is also compatible with other Walkera racing drones such as Runner 250 series, Furious 320, Rodeo 150 and F210 series.
- Drone racing FPV goggle
- Large HD screen of 5″
- Humanized design concept
- An inbuilt 7.4V 1200mAh LiPo battery that gives you over 120 minutes of viewing time
- Brightness, color, and contrast adjusting large button
- Package comes with Goggle 4 FPV glasses, Charger, Antenna X 2, Power cable and Instruction manual
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- 2 hours Long time fly is possible with a single charge
- Compatible with all racing drones of Walkera
- Personal cinematography is possible
- No complicated mass of wires and cables to figure out.
- Doesn’t come with HDMI requirement
- No sign of an anti-fogging fan that is used to fly on warm humid days
- 800 x 600 is not HD, it is 480p
#3. Headplay HD 5.8GHz FPV Goggles
HeadPlay has brought new HD 5.8GHz FPV Goggles for red colored DJI Inspire 1 Phantom 4 with HDMI input. This is one of the best FPV goggles for a quadcopter. The headset is designed with features that will amaze all FPV enthusiasts with comfort, quality, and performance at the forefront.
HeadPlay HD 5.8GHz FPV Goggles are made of automotive grade EPP to ensure superior strength with low weight. They can work with any HDMI source. You will need a remote and a Mini to regular HDMI cable equipped with a DJI HDMI module to operate it with a DJI Phantom 4.
The HeadPlay HD FPV Headset gently rests on a place on forehead or cheeks spreading out its weight evenly. It ensures more comfort than other goggles that rest on the nose. The headset is held in place securely by three straps preventing the outside lights from coming in.
- Comes with HDMI input
- 7″ 1280 x 800px Immersive Display
- 40 Channel auto-scan 5.8GHz Receiver
- Battery & Charger included
- External A/V input
- outside light prevention system
- Very comfortable to use
- Lot of channels options
- High-quality video for much fun
- Three straps keep it fixed in place and prevent come lights from outside so that your fun is not hampered
Impressive Cinematic experience
- Less complicated for those who wear glasses for reading
- GoPro mounts on the back
- The Headplay HD is not 3D enabled
#4. GoolRC BOSCAM GS922 5.8G 32CH FPV Dual Diversity Binocular Video Goggle
This FPV Goggle is made by GoolRC with 854*480 resolution display screen gives you high-quality photography and video recording experience. Dual receiver diversity, Head-tracking, and DVR (Digital Video Recorder) are the main features with no horrible eyecups. After installing an SD card (not included) enjoy the excellent visual fly experience with its great features. With outstanding aerial images and video clips, this 32-channel Dual Diversity Binocular Video Goggle will surely serve you satisfactorily. Lightweight (5.8 g) Boscam GS922 FPV Goggle is super comfortable to use and allows you to enjoy the view from the aircraft sitting on the ground.
- 854 x 480 resolution
- 5.8G universal frequency
- Digital Video Recording (DVR) system
- Head-tracking system
- 32 channels Dual receiver diversity
- Recording and Replay video
- Searching the best signal channel Automatically
- 854 x 480 resolution Display screen assures high video quality
- No horrible eyecups that’s why Comfortable to wear
- 32 channels free to use
- Easy to use
- Head-tracking system
- SD card doesn’t come with it; you will need to buy it separately
- Video quality degrades after the power-cycling the goggles rendering it unusable. Need to power off the goggles for half an hour.
#5. Crazy pony Machine EV800 FPV Goggles 5″
This Crazy Pony Machine has brought exclusive FPV goggles for all drone hobbyists. This EV800 FPV VR Goggles 5.8G 40CH Raceland Auto-Searching comes with 5″ HD LCD screen and Build 2000mAh Battery. High screen resolution prevents your vision from being blurred if you enlarge the view by the lens. The separable design makes it capable of being divided and suitable for use as a small monitor with a tripod or on radio controller. Built-in 5.8GHz 40 channel receiver is super sensitive, especially with RaceBand. Auto-searching function shows you the working frequency on the screen that is an advanced technology.
Ready to fly (RTF) Crazy pony Machine EV800 FPV Goggles is very comfortable with the only 375g weight. It comes with a powerful built-in 3.7V/2000mAh battery that gives you 3.5 hours flying time with full charge.
- High quality image achieved from 5″ HD LCD screen with 800 x 480px resolution
- 5.8G universal frequency
- Build in 5.8G 40-Channel Raceland receive
- AV IN function
- Adopted 92% transparent lens
- Comes with comfortable face sponge
- Accepts 2S (7.4V)3S (11.1V) battery or 5V power banks as backup power
- Lightweight and comfortable
- RTF type for any scale racing game
- Super-wide visible angle up to 82 Degree
- No blur even if you enlarge the view through the lens
- Gives a much long time fly experience once the battery is fully charged
- Doesn’t work with blade drone with cameras
So, hope you have already identified your preferred one. Then you are going to enjoy even more with your drones once you have started to use a suitable FPV Goggle. You will love its excellent quality and enormous features. No doubt like everything else all the FPV Goggles have also both the positive and negative sides of them. But the amusement, you are offered to get, will make you forget all headaches. It is very worthy of investment on the FPV Goggle if you want to have a truly and completely immersive FPV experience.
The FPV Goggles are packed with a number of features that surprise all FPV enthusiasts. They are designed to correlate your eyes on the ground to the FPV pilot’s mind with performance, quality, and comfort. Multi-rotor, drone or quadcopter whatever you say, is surely going to drag you above the peak excitement combined with a suitable FPV Goggle.
Hope this article on top 5 FPV Goggles is surely going to serve you well in any way. Don’t late. Enter into the wonderful world and get immersed in the drone racing.