DJI Phantom 3 4K review | A photography drone
DJI Phantom has released its latest version of drone with the DJI Phantom 3 4K (WhiteGold). DJI knows that a professional photographer
Features of DJI Phantom 3 4K (WhiteGold) Drone
Let us take a look at some of the functions of the DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter drone.
Headless Mode Quadcopter
The USP of the DJI drone is its headless mode which makes it easy to fly. It gives you a stable flight while clicking pictures but stays in your control from takeoff to landing via the remote/transmitter. The inbuilt DJI Lightbridge enables the drone to remain in your control up to 1.2 miles. The only thing you need to do is turn the headless mode on while it is ready to take off. Make sure that it is pointing away from you before initiating the flight.
Camera | It's a Photography Drone
The drone is equipped with an in-built 1200 megapixel and the resolution of the video is 4K. The video captures images at up to 30fps in UHD 4K. The images clicked look refined and crisp than before. The camera is supported by a 3-Axis Stabilization Gimbal which is DJI’s standard gimbal stabilization technology. As a result, the camera is perfectly stable no matter how many twists and turns it takes. The images can be captured in both DNG and JPG format. The captured video footages and images are recorded in a microSD card.
The DJI Phantom comes equipped with all the latest technologies. The Phantom is synced with your mobile so that you can change the flight settings or the camera from clicking on your phone. The Vision Positioning technology aids in indoor flight. You can fly indoors, lower the camera to the ground and in areas where there is no GPS connectivity with this technology. It has ultrasonic and visual sensors which aids in scanning the ground to check the ground pattern before landing and moving. It has the DJI WiFi Video Downlink for transferring video footages to your device.
The DJI required high voltage 1 lithium ion batteries. It combines greater power and energy to give you a great flight experience. The advanced flight battery has an
Take a Look at this short Unboxing video review of DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter
Special Features of DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter drone
- The DJI offers a unique beginner mode which assists the first time pilots in clicking pictures and other technologies.
- The dimension of the product is 18x8x13 inches
- It requires 1 lithium ion batteries and the entire product weighs 9.1 pounds.
- You can link the DJI with your mobile device through the DJI GO app.
- The powerful motors gives you full freedom to increase the speed, change the altitude and sudden landing.
- The Phantom doesn’t oscillate even in rough air. Flying it is relatively easy.
- It has a 20 mm wide-angle lens which helps in clicking real and refined images.
- You can capture both raw and JPG images.
- The in-built GPS is powerful.
- It has an automatic take off and landing mode.
- The battery life is not as per expectations allowing you just 30 minutes of aerial photography at a stretch.
- Some edge distortions on the wide angle lens may be recorded.
- The operating range is limited.
- Connecting to WiFi shows network issues especially in offbeat areas like forests or in the midst of the river.
FAQ'S of DJI Phantom 3 4K Quadcopter drone
- Does the quadcopter come with a transmitter and a battery?
The Phantom is controlled by a rechargeable transmitter. The drone needs 1 lithium ion battery.
- Can it connect to any device?
Yes, it can connect to any devices, be it your iPhone or Android, given you have the DJI GO App installed in its latest versions. You can see footage of live HD video with the help of the App.
- How much flight time does it give?
The Phantom gives you a flight time of 25 minutes at a stretch. After
thatyou have to charge the drone for a second session of clicking photos.
If you are willing to settle for the best drone which is not only simple in mechanisms but teaches you a thing or two about clicking videos or pictures, then DJI Phantom 3 4K is ideal for you. It has a simple and yet sophisticated design with which you can practice clicking pictures as many as you can. It is one of the standard drones available currently in the market within budget. Although there are certain drawbacks like limited flight time and the need for constant plugging it to recharge, DJI has taken these into considerations and has promised a rectification also. But if you want to go for sturdiness, GPS connectivity and a higher resolution video, then this is one of the best quadcopter brands to settle with.